Mar 13, 2017

Grid Lock


And it's Monday.  New week, new goals (I have a lot to accomplish!) and a whole lot of green in the forecast since it's St. Patrick's day on Friday. Green is my second favorite color to wear (white is #1), because nothing compliments a red mane like emerald.
Side note: Despite my fiery locks and billions of freckles I'm don't have a lot of Irish in me - I'm primarily German and English (according to Mamma) ... Maybe one day I'll check into one of those ancestry searches.

So I told you my gingham game was going strong, and clearly I'm not exaggerating.  But this dress while advertised as a gingham print, to me 'grid' is more appropriate.  It's such a large graphic pattern.  Gingham is better saved for a smaller scale. In classic black and white these crisp lines make a great palette for style!

While the dress is sharp and fitted I wanted to contrast with soft elements and color.  So I added a silk scarf in a gold hue that has it's own architectural sense with black angled lines and an emerald green topper coat. I've shared with you gals before that almost all of my silk scarves are vintage and while hunting for treasures from the past isn't for most, I'm happy to share that these pretty printed squares are making a come back in stores!

This dress is fitted to the body, constructed in super stretch making it a comfortable and flattering fit.  The bodice is designed with a cut in shape at the shoulders but don't let that intimate you.  A racer back bra (a must have) aligns just right.

This look balances the starkness of a graphic black and white print with the softness of silk and color.













Grid Dress  ||  Sandals  ||  Similar Jacket  ||  Scarf (Vintage) Similar  ||
Handbag - Similar  ||  Sunglasses  || 

Dress Beautifully in a Graphic Grid Print

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: