Sep 8, 2015

Spruce


Y'all it's Fall!  Per the calendar the first day of Fall isn't until 9/23 but in every practical sense Summer's end is Labor Day.  Pack up your bright whites and cool linens because the changeover is here.  It's going to take a while for the South to cool off so over the next month I'll be sharing transitional looks - layering and mixing of seasonal pieces.

I hope you spent your Labor Day weekend outside soaking up the sun!   Since I no longer live on the coast and Mr was playing in a golf tournament I proposed a hiking trip to my Charlotte pals (never having hiked before) and they were game!  It was so much fun and I loved being in nature trying something new.  We hiked 7 miles at the White Water Center and I'm officially addicted!  Next on the agenda is to hike Crowders Mountain ... I'm still a priss-pot but it's nice to venture outside the box - and I love to be active!

Gals, green is my color to wear and if you're not wearing it you need to.  Also, leather is a favorite.  I love the texture, weight and richness.  I'm going to go ahead and throw this out there - I have no issues with animal products.  In fact I'm not a fan of faux or synthetic textiles.  However, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find genuine leather & fur garments - and expensive.  For my shoes and handbags I do not compromise! Leather is a must.

This dark green skirt is faux leather.  Textured polyurethane fabrics have come a long way - they are very close to the feel and appearance of the real thing and honestly move and fit better than real leather as they aren't as stiff.
Tip:  Opt for a dark shade of faux leather - it camouflages it's artificial texture. 

In transitioning from Summer's cool to Fall's heavier fabrics style your looks with elements of both.

I paired this dark spruce green skirt with a pastel blue chiffon blouse.  As we get further into Fall I'll pair it with sweaters and rich hues such as navy and charcoal. I'll also put a pair of tights underneath .... I can't wait to give up tanning lotion on my legs (without it they'd blind you)!!

I'm a huge fan of pastels in the cold months - next to saturated colors they enhance one another due to the large contrast.  I think a carnation pink or lavender would look fabulous next to this evergreen skirt!

Spruce up your entry into Fall with darker colors and textures!







Dark Green Faux Leather Skirt: Ann Taylor || Light Blue Blouse: Ann Taylor ||
Pumps: Nine West || Necklaces: Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in Spruce Green

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: