Oct 20, 2016

Texture & Shine


Tweed is one of my favorite textured fabrics.  It's soft, warm and adds depth to a garment with its blend of threads.  This peplum top is a perfect transition piece for Fall.  The fabric adds just the right amount of warmth and with elbow length sleeves just the right amount of coverage.

What sold me on this top was the structure and tailoring.  Everything about its construction is flattering!  The straight elbow sleeves slim the arm, the front pleats cinch the waist and the peplum hem creates curves. #winner

I used the threads of the tweed in the top to create the palate for this look.  A shorter ivory skirt to compliment these AMAZING black over the knee boots creates a cohesive pairing to the top.

These boots!  I love the suede over the knee boots that have stormed the scene for the past few years but I've found it to be a challenge as I prefer a low/mid heel, the price needs to be right (no offense Stuart Weitzman but you are too rich for my feet!) and I struggle finding boots that fit my legs. When I saw the shiny gold block heel on this pair, I said a great big prayer that they would fit my legs. Amen! they fit beautifully! I often have to go up in size for the extra room in the shaft and have to wear extra thick socks.  Not this time gals, they hug my legs like a glove and the back tie secures them in place.

These will be on epic repeat all season long! Obsessed with the gold heel!!!

Tip:  When wearing over the knee boots, your dress/skirt hem should be slightly above the top of the boot; but not too short #keepitclassy








Dress Beautifully in Tweed 

XOXO Sarah Louise 

No comments: