Oct 14, 2016

Friday 5: Ring the Bell

Ring in the weekend with a fluttery fun bell sleeve.  Unless you live under a rock, you've seen elements of 70's style in almost every store.  Bell sleeves and those flare bottom jeans were a signature statement of the era.

Personally I'm loving this new embellishment.  I will say, a lot of the pieces I've tried on have had  very long sleeve lengths, covering my hands.  Now, I do have shorter arms but still I've noticed that even on the tall models these tops & dresses were designed with exaggerated hems in efforts to make a statement.  While it looks cool and fashion forward, it's not practical for every day function to have fabric hanging on your arms and hands.  I'd go crazy!

Tip:  If you find a top you love it's fairly easy and inexpensive to alter the sleeve length.

For this week's edition of Friday 5 (I know it's been a while) I've rounded up my favorite bell sleeve pieces.

I actually own the black top; it's sleeves are actually 3/4 length and the bell isn't too big or too small. It's just right :)  And with a pencil skirt or jeans it will surely to get lots of wear.


Black  ||  Blue Stripe  ||  Coral  || Green  ||  Pink Dress  || 

Dress Beautifully in Bell Sleeves

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: