Feb 8, 2018

Baby, Bows & Monograms Oh My!

One of the sweetest things about having a baby girl is adorning her in bows and monograms!
Like mother like daughter!


When I was pregnant I dreamed of dressing Vivian up (smocking dresses galore ... I should really share her amazing wardrobe/closet) and her newborn pictures were the first major occasion.  I knew she'd be tiny, never did I imagine bringing home a 4lb 11oz tiny, so rather than 'outfits' I wanted to present her as the bundle of joy that she truly is.

I love to support small businesses and entrepreneurs so I often turn to Etsy for unique and handmade items.  This is a great avenue for baby items.  I ordered this pale pink silk sash the day we brought her home because her one month early arrival wasn't in my plan but the shop owner made her sash and shipped the very next day! I simply used a solid white swaddle blanket to wrap her and then tied the bow around her.  This sash is not only a keepsake but could be worn around her dresses when she's several years older.

I found my photographer months in advance and had her on standby because I wanted to capture her brand new.  We took these pictures in her nursery when she was only 12 days old. I made sure she was good a fed prior so that she would sleep peacefully through all the moving around.
As for our outfits I kept them light and bright - see my previous post as I wanted the pictures themselves to be soft.  Her pastel nursery was the perfect backdrop.

Vivian Louise







Dress Your Baby Beautifully in Monograms & Bows

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

GRSshoes said...

So cute.
http://grsshoes.com/