Feb 5, 2018

Mamma Monday: Vivian's Nursery

Hello gals!  I know I've been absent from the blog - because I've been 100% present with baby girl.

I fully intended to share her nursery in December and then earlier this month but our sweet blessing has kidnapped all my attention and I don't mind at all. While I miss routine and productivity there's no where I'd rather be than with her.  I'm going to try my best, now that she's 5 weeks old, to get back into the swing of some of my pre-baby activities. (Not going to lie exercising is on the TOP of my list).

I shared her nursery design with you here on this post.  I stuck to the design I had created with only a few exceptions.


I wanted lavender as the base color with accents of soft pink and a touch of tangerine.

Finding the rug tied it all together. 

For the crib bedding, I didn't want a matchy-matchy set so I pieced together the elements separately.

I'm obsessed with Jelly Cat stuffed animals! 

I brought the tangerine color in with the drapes. I special ordered the trim fabric and attached it myself to ivory silk panels. It was nice to make them myself - not that I'm a DIY or crafty gal by any means but it feels special to create her room.

We were gifted so many blankets, perfect for our Winter baby.

I had originally wanted to use my antique sideboard as her changing table for a unique and traditional addition but after renovating our living room it really worked best as it was intended by the dining room.  As most things, it turned out for the best as I decided to use the dresser that was my Mamma's, mine and my little sister's growing up.  All I had to do was give it a fresh coat of paint.  I kept the hardware original.  I love the history it adds to her room.


This chair has been a special place for us both.  When she was still in my belly I would sit and read, talk to her and sing her sweet songs my Mamma used to sing to me.  Now I still do those things but she's snuggled in my arms. It's also roomy and so soft for her feedings.  I love rocking her (and myself) back to sleep.


I added a shelf to hold special things for display and to hold her books because we plan to read to her every day.


The bear was Mr's when he was a little boy.  By adding a lavender ribbon it was a perfect match.
The small canvas was hand painted by a dear friend of mine.
Her baby book is wrapped in silk fabric with her monogram - I plan to start working on it this week.
I also added a photo of us, the two people who love her most in this world.
The Christmas cactus was a gift from my Mamma and I believe all rooms need a plant.


I love the sweet feeling I get when I'm in her room! It's truly my favorite space!

A Nursery Dressed Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise




No comments: