Aug 28, 2015

Friday Flare


TGIF! Most weeks I'm super excited for the end.  This week is unique, Mr and I have been enjoying our 2 week vacation in our new home - we've slept in (anything past 5:30am is late to us). We've shopped for our home, enjoyed meals in our sunroom and even hosted lots of friends and family.  I thrive on routine and structure in my world but I must admit it's refreshing to just slow down and enjoy the moments that matter.

Now that the weekend is ahead, we look forward to lots of cheers with each other and our friends but a part of me is broken hearted as these are the last days having Mr in our home until next summer.  I know he's needed overseas to practice medicine, serving marines and sailors and I'm proud of his sacrifice but I honestly can't comprehend not seeing his face or hearing his voice for 9 months :(

Oh a brighter note, lets talk about this Friday's Findings - Flare Jeans! I can honestly say I can now sympathize with the disappointment my mamma had when trends from her past would resurface - the 90's are coming back gals .. sigh There are some things I wore I simply must forget (like big clunky shoes!)
But Flares, I'm ok with. Because 70's fashion - the origin of flares, is my favorite!  I'm probably the only gal besides Rachel Zoe that loves the 70's but I don't care.

Since skinnies have been the go-to for several years now, I'm sure like me, most of you have donated your old-school flares.
I'm not saying we should prepare for switching our skinnies for bigger legs - but adding a pair of flares can be a fun break in your denim collection.

If you're apprehensive to embrace the trend I have a solution.  I hit up my favorite thrift/consignment shops to scout out a pair of flares. There are a lot of benefits to buying used: it's green, economically savvy, and they're already broken in  for a perfectly comfortable fit!  I scored these 'Citizens of Humanity' flare jeans for less than $20!  #winning

Tips for for finding the right flares:
Mid to high waist rise
Flare should begin right above the knee
Hem should come all the way to the ground
If pairing with a loose top, tuck in to balance




Broken in Flares - Citizens of Humanity

Shop these Flares I Found ..... 











Shop more Flare washes and fits HERE

Dress Beautifully in Flares

XOXO Sarah Louise




No comments: