Aug 26, 2015

Patio Pant


Gals, these are what I like to call 'power pants'.  J Crew calls them 'Patio' pants.  Basically, these are sharp, comfortable and flattering pants, making them essential.

They are constructed in a stretch cotton allowing for movement but yet retain their shape and fit.  Designed in a straight/wide leg and cropped length they slim the leg and hip.  What makes them unique in my opinion is the length.  Sure, ankle pants have been out for a long time but not in a wide leg.  It's been all about the skinny leg.  Keep in mind I'm petite reaching 5'2" with a little teasing of my hair, so these fall right at my ankles.

One of my favorite things about a cropped length is that you don't have to hem or if you're tall, can embrace the intentional shorter length.
These pants also align with the shoe trends - show off your ankle strap shoes and booties without having to roll up your pants.

I mimicked the streamlined design with a boxy blouse on top.  I chose navy as it's my favorite dark neutral but I have my eye on the bordeaux shade for fall/winter. The sky's the limit when it comes to pairing options with these pants.  From dress shirts to sweaters and fancy sparkle tops, these pants can go from day to night and office to weekend.  And if that's not enough you have an array of colors to choose from!

Tip: These pants have side seam pockets - I keep mine sewn down. Do it yourself or by your local tailor.  Personally I feel that it slims the hips and since we have purses to store our necessities they have no functional purpose. 







Patio Pant: J Crew || Cropped Blouse:  J Crew Factory || Lace Up Pump: Similar & Here || 
Necklace: Similar & Here || Earrings: Tory Burch || 

Dress Beautifully in a Pair of Patio Pants

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: