Jun 12, 2019

Dressy Shorts


It's getting hot gals! Dressing for the heat and still looking chic can be challenging because all you want to wear is cool cotton and loose pieces.  But you can still be put together and avoid being a puddle.

Personally, I'm not a shorts gal. I've never been fond of my legs and I've found it difficult to find shorts that fit the waist, while still roomy enough and have an appropriate length.  NO to short shorts! But I'm also not a fan of shorts longer than a 5" inseam either as it can make your legs appear shorter and isn't everyone trying to make their legs look as looooong as possible?!

One of my favorite pairs of dress pants here on this post is now in shorts! Praise! I am seriously considering ordering these in a couple of the other colors I love them so much! They fit so nice and the fabric is comfortable and flattering.

I also adore this top.  The halter v-neck shows off your shoulders without exposing too much skin. NO to cleavage too!

I keep things classy over here on this blog! #amen

Now, since my legs aren't my biggest asset and because I glow in the dark (NO to sun b/c cancer and wrinkles are things I never want) I do use this tanning lotion about 2 times a week, basically when I shave my legs.
I also work very hard to make my legs as strong as I can with running, lifting weights and plyometric exercises daily. Along with reminders to give thanks to God for giving me strong healthy legs is helping me appreciate them rather than complain.

Fun Fact: My leg hair basically stopped growing when I was pregnant and it was light and thin to begin with since I'm fair and red haired.  Even today it doesn't grow like it used to and I'm super grateful for it!

Add wedges or heels to really dress up your shorts and stretch those legs out!








Dress Beautifully in Dressy Shorts

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: