Jun 28, 2019

Friday Favorites: Workout Wear

TGIF! Gals, I've had such a good week, now that I mention it I feel like I share that sentiment with you every Friday. The truth is, Life is so Good and I'm grateful for it! #amen

Grandma came to visit, we learned at the library, played at the park, the splash pad and outside at home.  To top it all off, Mr and I celebrated 9 years of marriage yesterday, WAHOOOO!!! Not a day or even a few hours goes by that I don't give gratitude to God for such a loving and hardworking husband.  It's not perfect, but life together is the BEST!



Also, Vivian Louise is 18 months old today!!! How is that even possible, that my teeny tiny baby is a year and a half??! #babiesdon'tkeep

Now to the point of this post ...

It seems as though every major retailer/designer has a athletic wear line.  While I'm trying to accept that everyone wants to be comfortable, I still don't believe in ever wearing workout wear outside of actually working out! (I'll try not to preach on that too much but UGH leggings are NOT pants!)

I do believe in exercising! And I believe there is both form and function when it comes to workout wear.  Yes, I do want to feel pretty and coordinated while I sweat.  I also need these pieces to hold me in, allow my skin/sweat to breathe and to not slide around/bunch as I move.


When you do find pieces that are constructed well (strong stretch), fit your body and cute they tend to be pricey.  So, I buy a piece every now and then to spread out the cost and always shop sales.

TIP: Don't forget about Nordstrom Rack & Marshalls/TJ Maxx to find pieces at great prices.

Given that your workout wear is its own wardrobe investment, you need to take care of them.
I wash all of my pieces on the delicate cycle together with NO cotton garments, only synthetic.  I also  NEVER dry them in the dryer.  My guest bathroom turns into a drying room once a week.

I have go-to styles that I will buy multiples of because I know they do the job....

Here they are ...


The Sculpt Tank II is my all time favorite top and I have several!


The Speed Up Short 4" is my favorite for running, again I have several!


This sports bra is heavy duty but you can't compromise on support! I love that it comes in bra sizes for a great fit.


These leggings have the best waist band and don't slide down
(yanking a pair of leggings up because they don't hold their shape/poor stretch is the WORST)


These socks are a splurge but completely worth it.  For running and high impact exercises taking care of your feet is very important.


Dress Beautifully in Workout Wear

XOXO Sarah-Louise


2 comments:

Zumi said...

Such a pretty piece. My pleasure to read your article.

Thank you
cuff links for sale
ideal neckties for sale
cufflinks shirts for sale
ties for sale
ideal cuff links for sale

Zumi said...

Download the best tailor in Bangkok App at playstore  Tailor


Download the best tailor in Bangkok App at playstore  Custom Tailor