Nov 23, 2020

Operation Christmas Child Spreading Joy to the World

 It's Thanksgiving week, a week of gathering and gratitude with loved ones.  It's also the start of the Christmas season with lots of decorating and shopping for gifts.  While I've enjoyed seeing the decked halls and helpful gifts guides ALL over social media, I want to share a way to bring joy outside your home and into the hearts of others.

Last week, my MOPS group had our annual meeting that included preparing gift boxes for Operation Christmas Child. And on Saturday I volunteered with some of the students from my Sunday school class at the OCC processing center, and let me just tell you how rewarding and fun it was! 


Gals, I never been one of those crazy Christmas ladies, although my affinity for it has grown since having Vivian Louise, but I do love blessing others.  
Sending the news of the Gospel to those that may not otherwise hear it and joy through gifts they may not otherwise receive is nothing short of amazing!


There are children that live in countries where it isn't safe to proclaim the Gospel, that go without basic needs and fear for their safety.  When we, who are overly blessed, share with them we are gifting more that toys and useful items.  We are gifting joy that can't be purchased. 

I encourage you to consider participating in Operation Christmas Child by packing a box for a child or building one online here.  


OCC sends out over 2 million boxes each year.  Just on Saturday, the processing center prepared over 100,000 boxes that will be sent to sensitive countries that couldn't be disclosed due to the sensitive circumstances. 

You can bless children with joy, hope and love!

s
You can help share the good news of Jesus Christ! 

Dress Beautifully Giving to Others

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: