Nov 2, 2020

Mamma Monday: The Gift of Carpool

Monday through Friday twice a day for about 10-15 minutes I am sitting in the carpool line.  At first I found it to be a frustration and grieved the amount of time lost in my car. But this time spent in carpool isn't a thief, it's a gift! 


I decided to change my attitude towards the AMAZING blessing of Vivian being able to go to school.  I'm choosing to see this time as an opportunity to have focused time together.


Here's How I'm Spending Time in Carpool

Morning Carpool:
  • Teach/Memorize bible verses with Vivian
    • This is something she does at school and it has been rewarding for me to add more scriptures to memory for myself and our family - She's memorized Matthew 22:37 & Proverbs 17:17 It's the sweetest thing I've ever ever heard! 
  • Sing Songs
    • Before Vivian I thought it was silly to sing children's songs but you know what ... It's fun and instantly puts you in a happy mood
  • Pray
    • We do this out loud together and it really starts your day off with a grateful heart 
  • Facetime
    • We share a quick 'Good Morning' and best wishes for the day with grandparents & cousins
  • Read
    • Gracious Vivian Louise loves books and I truly hope that never changes! I keep a basket in the car and she often 'reads' to herself on our trips.

Afternoon Carpool:
  • Make Lists of To-Do's ... I thrive via list making
    • Yes I use a hardcopy planner #oldschool
  • Connect with family & friends with a quick phone calls or texts
  • Daily Devotional
  • Sip Silently
    • Brew yourself a piping hot mug of coffee and sip in the peace #winning
  • Primp
    • Throw some make up in a bag and add a little color so you can face the rest of the day with a bit more confidence. 
Clearly wearing NO makeup - but the silent sipping is beautiful (and the hat helps)

Even if you're not in a carpool line, I encourage you to find moments of time that you can use to add joy!

Dress Beautifully in Carpool

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: