Dec 7, 2020

Chasing Joy


Joy to the World! The Lord is Come! Let Earth Receive Her King! Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room!
I feel that it's safe to say that this year's been a doozy and 'JOY' may not be the first word, or even a word at all, that comes to mind to describe 2020. 


Here are some facts: life isn't perfect and you aren't perfect. There are hard times and a lot of work required.  But your days can still be awesome! I promise!


Ask yourself these questions:

Would you rather be perfect or joyful? 

What's awesome about this stage of your life?

What's your attitude like when you start your day?

What if I chased JOY as much as I chase my toddler? a promotion? a new __ fill in the blank?


Embracing an attitude of JOY requires pursuit & practice!
Regardless of what does or does not happen.
Being joyful isn't based on our situation, it's a decision. 
And you know what? ... God wants us to have JOY. 


Here are some ways to cultivate joy ...

1. Make normal things special.
Rather than eating dinner at our dining room table, sometimes I spread out a big blanket on our living room floor and we have a picnic together. Daddy is cooler than Mamma and will treat Vivian to chicken nuggets from the carpool ... that's what she calls the drive through LOL 

2. Improve your attitude 
How you start your day sets the tone. A morning routine is important in creating a day that's joyful. Personally, I'm up before the chickens at 5am so that I can have quiet time with God in His Word, exercise, work on the computer, complete chores, and sip a piping hot cup of coffee in peace!
I'm not saying you have to be like me and bounce up like a pop tart but maybe you can adjust your routine to kick start your day with JOY.

3. Leave something better than you found it 
I'm not saying start picking up litter off of the side of the road but maybe as you stroll the aisles at Target you can put something back that's out of place, pay for the person's order behind you at Starbucks/anywhere or share a smile and compliment to cashier at checkout.


When you find JOY in the little things, it trickles into big things.


When I think about my gal pals and why I love them it isn't how skinny they are, what clothes they wear, or how big their house is. The things that impact others is loyalty, kindness, generosity and love. 

This was a year ago! How is she almost 3?!!!

Maybe you change the way you greet your family, with the same excitement you give when they've just returned from a trip away. 
Maybe you stop what you're working on, play a fun song and have a dance party in your kitchen.
Maybe you treat your kids (and yourself!) to dessert on a random week night.


Nothing is Perfect but it can be JOYFUL!

Dress Beautifully Chasing JOY

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: