Jan 23, 2014

Checks & Chevron

Chevron has made a major appearance in the world of print over the past year.
But it's not "new" ... Chevron stripes have been used for military insignia for over 200 years!

Seems like every boutique is showcasing the zigzag in all different colors and styles.  You can even find it in home decor.

It's not high on my list of go-to prints as I find it to be busy and overdone.  However, I feel that by limiting it's presence in my closet and keeping the print small I'm not too overwhelmed.

This particular top instantly caught my eye last year.  
I mean it's Sparkly!! 
I like that its neutral (perfect for pairing with lots of colors) 
and can instantly contribute to a fancy look. 


Gingham however is a favorite classic print of mine.  
Mr. wears it often, and while shopping with him one afternoon 
I snagged myself a few button downs that have become all year staples.

Gingham Button Down - Brooks Brothers 
Chevron Sequin Top - J Crew 
Jeans - Seven for All Mankind  
(All from '12 & '13)

Mix Your Prints with Checks & Chevron!

XOXO Sarah Louise


No comments: