Jan 2, 2014

Ready Set Goals

2014 - Brand New

I like "Goals" vs "Resolutions"
I strive towards new accomplishments and challenges.
So here are my goals for 2014:

Create & Develop Style Blog "Dress Beautifully"

No Self-Spending for the First 3 Months

Read at Least One Book a Month

Drink More Water

New Career

Watch Less Bravo TV

1. My hope is for "Dress Beautifully to help inspire gals to find their own unique style ... and have lots of fun doing it :)

2. So, check in with me at 30 days (I may have the shakes)  just kidding.... Like most modern gals I find that I am constantly adding new pieces to my closet, jewelry box, and vanity.  You can exhibit great style and stay on trend using pieces you already have
... counting down to 3-31-2014!

               I also believe we can all use a lesson in humility and appreciation.

3. Reading is good for the brain & I don't do enough... following goal 2 I will be using my local library :)

4.  I will often go all day with little water - not good ... especially with daily exercise

5. After leaving a large city for Mr's Medical Career I'm looking to change my career 

6. I confess... I watch way too much Bravo (Mr Hates it!!!) ... there are better ways to spend my time!


Make it Stick
- Post your goals where you can always see them (home, office, etc...)

My Kitchen Bulletin Board

- Share with a gal pal

- Keep an online log/calendar & record your progress

Kate Spade Planner & May Books  Notebook

- It only takes a few weeks to create a habit... so create a good one!


Stay tuned for updates on my 2014 Goals

What are your goals??

XOXO Sarah Louise




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply try to make the year better than the last! This year I want to take a trip to the NC Mountains. I also want to utilize all my cookbooks this year. One of the most important goals - remembering how blessed and fortunate I am every.single.day.

Catherine St Pierre said...

I agree that keeping your goals in mind & keeping records or staying accountable is key. Have you looked at all at Gretchen Rubin's "Happiness Project" and her blog? She had great advice & ideas about setting & keeping goals/resolutions. http://gretchenrubin.com/happiness_project/2014/01/tips-tips-and-more-tips-about-keeping-your-new-years-resolutions/

Dress Beautifully said...

Totally agree! I'm hoping by not spending for 3 months I'll appreciate what I have and what's important... I haven't been to the mountains in soooo long... mostly because I traveled in an airplane weekly in my previous career and twice a month to DC to visit Mr while he was studying medicine....and now we live on the coast!! ... so I recently found your cooking blog!!! Uh confession: I hate the kitchen and all there is to cooking... & to ice the cake (haha) my Mr LOVES food :( ... I finally found a couple of cookbooks that actually entice me to use my stove... "Eat what you Love" I lived alone for 6 years and am so meticulous about nutrition that I just convinced myself that cooking was unnecessary... getting better every day! Maybe reading your blog will help :) Cheers! and Thanks for reading XOXO SL

Dress Beautifully said...

Thanks Cate!

Anonymous said...

I recently discovered an app called PAGES I made several goal board photo collages to inspire and keep me on track this year. It's awesome! I am a firm believer that a person gets what they think about most of the time, and this year I am choosing to think about what I want most of the time, and not about what I don't. Cheers to best friends SL and to our Best Year Yet 2014 will be fabulous, just like us! :)