May 2, 2014

Easter Lilly

Disclaimer: This is a Later-Post ... Better than Never and Still Twice as Nice :)

Easter is my Very Favorite Holiday & Every Year I get a New Dress to Wear on Easter Sunday ... And Sometimes a New Hat!

Growing Up my Sister & I got a New Pastel Colored Dress Paired with Patent Leather Shoes & Lacey Socks.

I've Continued the Tradition (minus the shoes & socks) Unnecessary According to Mr - Reasoning I Have an Over Abundance of Dresses ... Nonsense I tell Him!

This Year I chose a Turquoise Lilly Pulitzer Dress with Gold Trimming.  Lilly Pulitzer has a Major Presence in a Southern Gal's Wardrobe!  I Wore a lot of Lilly Pulitzer in College (Preppy was the 'It Thing' in Southern Sororities) but Struggled in my Later 20's as I didn't want to look Young in the Bright & Pastel Prints.

Over the Past Couple of Years Lilly has Blown me Away with Designs Incorporating Other Colors besides Pink & Green as well as Conservative Cuts in Blouses & Dresses.  In the Past I felt Lilly was Strictly Resort Wear. Now, You can find Pieces for Work, Weddings & Outdoor Soirees.

The 'Janice Dress' is a Must Have for All Ages.  The Length Skims the Top of the Knee, the Neckline is Conservative with Interest in the Shiny Gold Trim, and the Shoulders are Ample Wide for Coverage and Concealing a Bra.   It has been Available for Many Seasons in Various Colors & Prints.

I plan for this Lilly Pulitzer to Shine in my Closet for Many Years to Come!




Dress Lilly Pulitzer - Wedges Kate Spade Similar  

Me & My Sissy in Our Matching Yellow Easter Dresses

Easter '89

You'll Always Look Lovely in a Lilly

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lilly dresses are my favorite! Especially in the Spring and Summer.