May 21, 2014

Pineapples & Stripes

The Pineapple is Recognized in the South as a Traditional Expression of "Welcome"

This Sweet Fruit Symbolizes the Intangible Assets we Hold so Dear: Friendship, Family & Hospitality

You'll Find the Pineapple in Decor from Door Knockers to Candlestick Holders.

I Found this Pineapple Button Down and was Captured by it's Unique Cuteness! 
And this Gem was at my Local Target! Gotta Love Target! 

The Pineapples are Discrete and Yet Still Bright with their Yellow Color

My First Instinct was to Pair it with a Kelly Green Pencil Skirt to Pull from the Green Leaves from the Pineapple ... However, I got a Wild Hair and Opted for a Black & White Striped Skirt.  The Pineapple Print has very Tiny Black Dots to Mimic the Texture of the Fruit So the Blacks Complement. (I did add Green Tear-Drop Earrings) 

Navy, Brown, Pink, Purple, and Chambray are also on my List for Pairing Options

After Looking at the Two Pieces Together I was Quite Pleased, but it Needed a Something to Blend the Two Prints ... a Belt!  The Natural choice would be Black... I chose Brown.  
I Love Brown & Black Together! 




Pineapple Shirt Target - Striped Skirt Similar & Similar 
Reversible Belt with Monogram Buckle  C Wonder
Gold Pumps Nine West - Green Tear Drop Earrings Kate Spade Similar
Polish 'Cute as a Button' Essie



Be Welcoming in a Pretty Pineapple Print

XOXO Sarah Louise




No comments: