Nov 10, 2015

Over It

Let's go high. Up high on the leg. I'm talking over the knee high.  Not too high.
This is not the part of 'Pretty Woman' we want to imitate.  Boots gals, buttery leather goodness all the way.

Over the knee boots have really been trending for the past few seasons. But in a tasteful way.  In rich leathers and suedes and modest heels, these OTK boots are appropriate for day and evening.
Like a lot of designs, boots have improved over the seasons.  The struggle to find boots that accommodate wider calves is not as difficult.

It's no secret I'm petite. Whether it's the stool in my kitchen or the constant up on my tippy toes there's no hiding it.  But I'm ok with it - you can always hem and honestly it's the way God made me. I don't let it hold me back. Especially when it comes to fashion.  Yes, shorter gals can wear OTK boots.

How to wear OTK boots:
- With a dress/skirt the hem of the garment should hit above the top of the boot showing an inch or two of leg (not too much let's keep it classy) Opt for tights for warmth and modesty

- With pants they should be form fitting skinny pants.  Your top garment should not hit below your hip as that would create too much volume and your body would be lost.

- When it comes to heel height I'm more of a flat/low heel for comfort kind of gal however if you do opt for a dressy boot, thicker heels are more supportive than a stiletto.

- Some boots have the option to fold over the front giving you a knee high boot

Here are some OTK boots I've scouted for you ...

Most of these come in additional colors


Dress Beautifully in Over the Knee Boots

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: