Nov 16, 2015

So 'Coco'


Pearls, tweed, fringe, and black/white color palettes are what come to mind when I think of the iconic Coco Chanel. This black tweed dress is light weight ideal for all year wear and because it's not too thick it lays nicely on the body rather than adding bulk or restrictive movement which is common of thicker weaves.

I adore the cross body fringe layers!  They elongate the body and add beautiful detailing. Because it's sleeveless you can easily layer or wear alone with sandals in warmer weather.

I honored Coco in my styling with pearls and a pop of red in my forever favorite shoes. I say 'forever favorite' because Salvatore Ferragamo is my most loved shoe designer of all time.  The 'Vara' shoe is a classic and oh so comfortable.  I wear them all year long with everything.  They are a go-to for work and a life saver for my crazy travel schedule. The Vara shoe has been around for decades and I see myself wearing them for the next several decades of my own strutting years.  They come in all sizes and a large range of widths (essential for accommodating those painful foot issues).
I wear them so much that I've had to resole my black patent pair twice!

Channel your inner Coco with fringe, tweed and pearls.









Fringe Tweed Dress: Ann Taylor ||  Dress Shirt: Brooks Brothers || 
Red Shoes:  Salvatore Ferragamo || Pearls: Similar & Here || 

Dress Beautifully in Fringe Tweed

XOXO Sarah Louise 

No comments: