Nov 18, 2015

Bubble Gum


This isn't just any pink sweater.  It's a bubble gum pink sweater.  The pink that's bright, fun and brings you back to those carefree younger years of blowing big sugary bubbles and smashing them on your face.  It's not as common to find this shade of pink outside of Spring/Summer but I'm so glad I did.  Sure the rich darker shades of burgundy, forest green and plum are great but with the temps dropping and the lack of sunshine, I could sure use a bit of bright. 

You gal's know I'm all about color.  The way to bring these 'typical' warm weather shades into the colder months is fabric.  No you wouldn't wear a bubble gum linen blouse or sundress but in a sweater or scarf, absolutely! There are certain fabrics that are specific to seasons as they serve a function.  Linen to keep you cool and wool/cashmere to keep you warm.

Sure you can pair this sweater with black, taupe, grey or navy in a pair of trousers or skirt for the office but I wanted to go all out on color.  I've already worn it with jeans and some OTK suede boots, but these cobalt skinny pants were the show stopper.  Because the two shades are so fun I kept every thing else simple with minimal jewelry and a neutral ballet flat. This allows to the color block look to take full attention.

This sweater is one of my more casual ones as it is a more looser/relaxed fit.  But the fit compliments the fun pink color as I feel this sweater was meant to be worn snuggled and laughed in.  








Pink Sweater: J Crew || Cobalt Skinny Pants: J Crew || 
Ballet Flats: Chanel Similar & Here & Here || 

Dress Beautifully in Bubble Gum Pink

XOXO Sarah Louise

2 comments:

Emily said...

Love that color combo! And I'm waiting for the reveal of your haircut on the blog!!!

Dress Beautifully said...

Thanks gal! I am loving my new do!!! I really needed something fresh and new. Mr prefers short hair but this curly lion mane just isn't a fit for those cute bobs. This hair cut is the best I've ever had. It's not too short and just long enough so I can style and have a ponytail (more like nub) for working out. Stay tuned new pics coming :)