Nov 14, 2016

Suede


With cooler temps comes cozy rich textures.  Heavier textiles are not only warm, they give you the 'feels'.  Besides making you 'feel' the snuggle of Fall they actually make you want to feel them with your hands.  To run your fingers over the soft fabric.

I'm 100% natural when it comes to my fabric fibers and for the cold it's all about wool, fur, cashmere and leather.  I'm not opposed to wearing animal because I eat it every day with every meal and believe that the purpose of some is for our utilization.  Before you get twisted let me be clear I'm not wearing a panda, I'm talking cow, lamb, goat, mink, beaver; animals that are in abundance.  Leather specifically is strong, durable, water resistant and provides a protective barrier against the elements whether it's on your body or feet.

As with the 70's vibe of fashion that's roaring, suede is a key element.  Suede with fringe, well that's just too hippie retro for this gal, but I'm all about it in a polished shoe, skirt or jacket.

This suede skirt in a gorgeous carmel color screams fall.  It's everywhere in nature with the falling of the leaves and compliments beautifully as a neutral in your wardrobe.  I paired it with a bright white crisp dress shirt to dress it up but plan to style it also with a striped tee, denim & black sweater.  It will go with any color really.

I am wearing 'real' suede and because of it's weight it is a tad stiffer and doesn't move as say a faux polyester fabric would.  But it has great structure and holds it's shape enhancing the design.  The inverted box pleat gives an a-line shape allowing for room and as always makes your waistline small.  I adore the functional gold side zippered pockets! Details are everything.  The seaming also adds to the amazing design.  Now with all things real or natural often comes a higher price tag.

But I believe in quality over quantity and buying forever pieces.

You're in luck if you'd rather go faux, I've link several options for you below :)









Dress Beautifully in Suede

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: