Nov 16, 2016

The Velvet Touch


Velvet is everywhere this season! From clothing to shoes, the soft warm fabric with it's eye catching sheen adds elements of luxe to any look.  See some of my velvet favorites from this post a few weeks ago.

P.S.  I'm stalking my front door for this pair of velvet shoes to arrive.

This blouse blends classic and modern components with an embellishment of a velvet medallion.

The design incorporated the foundation of a poplin dress shirt and reworked the construction with a shorter hem and oversized elbow sleeves.

I feel that this top is one of those pieces that you can wear all year long for so many occasions.  For the office, ditch the boring solids and pair it with a pencil skirt or trousers.  For casual days you can't go wrong with denim and come spring white will make it pop!

If the shorter hem line has you concerned, wear it on top of a sheath dress or with a higher waisted a line skirt.  Personally, I'm a tucker but I like adding variations to my wardrobe - keeps things fresh.








Dress Beautifully in Velvet

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: