Sep 4, 2017

And then there was 3 ...


Where have you been??

Well gals, I've been growing a baby!
Mr and I have been praying for a healthy baby for quite some time and we are beyond grateful to God for this great blessing!!

Despite our hopes it's still the greatest surprise when those dreams become reality.
I had just earned a new career position that I had been working very hard towards and knew its responsibilities and travel were going to have my plate full. But God knows better than we do and just 2 weeks after my first day I saw double lines on the test!

After the surprise, shock and joy came the struggle.  The struggle of 24/7 sickness.  I expected fatigue but the extreme nausea and throwing up around the clock (it will wake me up in a dead sleep) was something no one prepared me for.  My doc prescribed me medicine to help.  And while it has helped me endure I still find myself sick as a dog almost everyday.  Taking it isn't an option - it's a matter of survival. I find that no place nor time is off limits - I carry bags with me at all times.
And I'm so glad I have my own office so that I can shut the door when needed.

With all that said, beyond doing my best in the office everything else has been neglected.  I'm most grateful to Mr as he has picked up my slack, my gal pals for encouraging me and for my sweet sister who when over at our house cleans my room because I'm too sick and tired.

My focus has been taking care of myself and health.  I sleep, eat what I can (boiled noodles, potatoes and crackers mostly) and exercise as much as my body will let me.

So after taking the Summer off (unexpectedly) I'm coming back!

I miss writing to you gals! I miss sharing my outfits!

I'm going to be 20 weeks this Thursday, half way! and I'm having to accept that this sickness doesn't seem to be easing up any so I'm going to try and get back to the things I love.

When it comes to fashion these days I haven't been hitting the racks as I see no need to purchase when I know my body is inevitably going to expand. But no worries I'm staying up to speed on trends. And while a huge part of me wants to have a visible bump to show off I'm still not there yet.  I tell myself to embrace it as the time will come when I will be forced into maternity pieces.

Thank you for sticking around and having patience.  I have a ton of posts lined up!

I'm already learning that motherhood requires strength and that grace is more important than perfection!



Dress Beautifully When Growing a Baby!

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Emily said...

YAY! I've been waiting for you to post on the blog. I can't wait to follow along, especially since I'm one week behind you. Congratulations, gorgeous Mama!!!!