Sep 26, 2017

Simply Striped


Stripes are simply a classic print that every gal must embrace. A classic black and white striped top and dress are staples for your wardrobe that I promise you will wear over and over. 

They pair beautifully with everything – colors, textures and even other prints, like leopard!

This dress is a maternity dress.  I don’t technically need it quite yet, however I don’t want to reach a point where I literally have nothing to wear and find myself scrounging and paying full price at the store.  So, I’ve taken advantage of sales and promotions and have been purchasing ahead. 

This dress has amazing structure and shapely paneling that creates confidence for a growing silhouette.  Like I shared before I’m not a fan of cotton/jersey fitted dresses.  I didn’t wear thin unstructured fabric garments before so I have no desire to start now.  I believe clothing pieces should skim the body. It’s just flattering and classy.

I styled this dress how I would normally style a striped dress.  I plan to keep my maternity style as close to my normal as possible -  I already have crisp dress shirts, pencil skirts and A-line dresses.

Since we are technically in Fall despite the just plain hot temps, I layered with another classic, the denim jacket.  You should all have one and if not shame on you.
I added a pop of color with my red bag so I kept the shoe neutral. Check out the back of this dress J

Don’t hesitate to style with added print with a scarf or shoe.  I foresee a trench, camel sweater and boots pairing next month … maybe even tights & colored coat come November.  Seriously the options are endless.

If you do happen to be like me (there are a couple of you sweet gals aka belly buddies) on a mission of  ‘being a babe while having a babe’ you NEED this dress!

And for the rest of you I’ve linked less roomy options down below. 








Slides & Here  ||  Denim Jacket & Here  ||  Handbag & Similar  ||  Earrings  ||

Dress Beautifully in a Striped Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise



No comments: