Sep 19, 2017

Candy Stripes


Well, I told you I was coming back and here I am!  Sadly, my hopes were higher than reality when it comes to this pregnancy sickness. Gals, it just won’t go away.  I often feel like I’m sentenced to torture for 9 months.  But I’m continuing to take my prescription meds with as much of a grateful heart as possible (they make me so drowsy) and to be honest I do throw up less than I used to.  I’m pushing through and have some fabulous and chic outfits to share! 

So this top struck my fancy as soon as I saw it.  The boldness of the stripes and the unique collar made me have to have it.  My only concern was the sleeves.  Because I’m petite and have smaller arms I’m not a fan of volume and length hanging over my hands.  But they hit higher and in a poplin cotton they have just the right touch of structure.

Now, in fully disclosure I am 21 weeks in these pics. My bump is tiny enough that I’m still able to wear non-maternity tops. I don’t say that to be competitive!  Every gal has a different body and pregnancy so embrace yours! I just want to be honest. Now my girls are another story!  Large isn’t the word – they far exceed my bump growth and I’m not a fan.

And since we are sharing, I actually got my feelings hurt ordering the fabric for my nursery drapes because the ladies at the store asked me who’s nursery I was designing.  At the time I was 20 weeks #halfway and no one would ever know I had a sweet baby in my belly. I know, I know I should be thrilled, and a huge part of me is, as I do want to stay healthy, strong and not gain too much but I’m just so proud and honored to have her that I want to show her off for all to see! 

Now, I don’t know about you but I got a candy striper vibe with the red and white stripes of this top (better than the carnival take my sister had on it) so as we were taking these pics she then starts singing the ‘candy shop’ song by 50 cent #bless Just keepin it real … and fun.

I paired this bold top with distressed jeans, yes they are maternity.  But you totally wouldn’t know it! Gals, it’s just too tight to button my regular jeans.  
I’m also obsessed with loafers! My poor feet just can’t strut in heels like they could in years past and they totally complement the menswear look.  My favorite color to wear is white and I carry light shades throughout all the seasons.

I’m glad to be back and hope you’ll pick back up reading along. 

I'm going to start a new series where Monday’s posts are going to be all about Mammahood but since I realize almost all of you aren’t belly buddies with me the fashion will stay on concepts that relate to all.









Dress Beautifully in Candy Stripes

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Emily said...

Beautiful! And don't listen to other people - everyone has something to say. I'm just starting to show, too, but most of my clothes still fit and since I wear loose tops anyways, you can't really tell. But I promise you that in a month or so you'll wonder where our bellies came from! Sending you good vibes that you feel better with each day that passes.