Sep 25, 2017

Mamma Monday: The IT Pant

Good Morning Gals!  I hope that you all have a great start to the week. It can be a disappointing to leave behind the enjoyment of a relaxing weekend away from the office and with your family but I try and think of it as a fresh start full of opportunities to make great impacts. 

Today is the first ‘Mamma Monday’ post and I’m starting with an essential that’s been a life saver for me.

I’m sharing with you the IT pants of all pants.


I purchased these last year as my gal pal has them and after seeing her in them I wanted to have my own to step into.
I don’t gravitate towards casual, lounge, athletic (whatever you want to call it) wear.  It’s hard for me to spend money on that stuff as I’m in office 5 days a week and at church on Sundays so they wouldn’t get much wear.  I’m also a dressy gal and feel more comfortable in structured and tailored pieces.

However, I will say that I have softened over the past couple of years and own more casual/basic garments. 

These pants have been a workhorse for me as I’ve transitioned into pregnancy.  I have them in both black and navy and wear them each once a week.  The other 3 days I typically wear dresses.  They are made of a synthetic material so they’re super lightweight and cool, have a modern design in a tapered leg and have a partial elastic waist that gives enormous comfort.
Oh and they have pockets!

I’ve paired these with tees and sandals/sneakers for the weekend and pumps and a blouse during the weekdays.
The only element that can be of bother is the tie strings, I have to make sure they don’t show underneath my work blouses.

They come in multiple colors & in regular, tall, and petite lengths. I wear regular and they hit right at my ankles – I’m 5’2” tall.

They are clearly not maternity and I enjoyed them prior as an alternative to jeans on the weekends.
Now, they are a part of my every day wardrobe.
I also foresee them being just as useful post pregnancy.

Today I’m 22 weeks and 4 days carrying baby girl and they will hopefully be with me til the end. 
Note:  I wear my normal size.

I’ve also found that I do NOT like the over the belly pants!!! I’m sure partly because my belly just isn’t big enough yet but it’s smothering and itchy.  I’ll definitely be opting for skirts, pants and jeans that have elastic in the waist band to be worn under.

I’m telling you now, go get yourself these pants!!!!! 



Dress Beautifully in These Wear-Everyday Pants

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: