May 2, 2018

Lavender


How lovely is the color lavender?!!!  I knew that if we had a girl her room would be lavender and now it's her signature color (mine too because #mommyandme).  I am constantly searching for lavender and purple things for her, well let's be honest for me too! I love it because it's just as feminine as pink but not as standard.  I'm not abandoning the color pink by any means I'm just slightly shifting my allegiance.
Even my family and friends embrace lavender for her.

It's funny how affinities evolve.  My sister's baby girl is 9 weeks younger and her color is aqua.

So, when I saw this lavender eyelet dress I couldn't click to purchase fast enough.  And I caught it on promotion (I RARELY ever pay full price).  Now, sizing can be tricky when it comes to squeezing my nursing melons into clothes.  The rest of my body has returned to it's pre-baby size.  I don't want to buy things I can't wear later so I went with my normal size and you can clearly see there's some pulling at the buttons.  It may not be a dress I am comfortable wearing to church with them this voluptuous.  The buttons do make it nursing friendly and I'm desperately hopeful they will come down in size in the next couple months.

Eyelet fabric is one of my favorites for summer.  It adds a light feminine texture, like lace.






And for fun Vivian Louise makes an appearance!  She is often with me when we take these blog photos and she's just too cute not to share!
It's hard to see, but her little bloomers are embroidered because in the South if it isn't moving we monogram it!

She's 4 months old and weighs 10 1/2lbs and 22 1/2 inches long. She's a petite princess with a larger than life personality that brings so much joy to our world.  She laughs and smiles all the time and is trying so very hard to roll over.

I can confirm that when Mammas tell you they grow fast, they are right! Time flies so fast that I'm taking advantage of snuggles and precious moments with her because babies don't keep and the to-do's will.

If you follow me on Instagram be sure to watch my stories, I'm constantly posting pictures and videos of baby girl :)



Vivian Louise's Dress

Dress Beautifully in Lavender

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: