Dec 5, 2018

Velvet & Bows


Velvet is probably one of my favorite fabrics.  Even in my home I've incorporated it into my decor with pillows and chair upholstery.  It's a heavier textile but sooooo soft and it has a subtle luster in the light.  For the holidays I'd rather wear velvet over sparkles!

It's an understated glamor and doesn't limit you just to the holidays but for all season long.

I was drawn to this top for all of its details.  The velvet has an added shimmer to it, and in a leopard print design. The neck & shoulders have shear ruffles and I could picture myself wearing it dressed up or down with a pair of jeans. I lightened the look with ivory trousers.

The best part .... these velvet bow shoes!!!! I found them a couple months ago and fell in love.  They look so high fashion.  The price tag was also way too high for a special occasion shoe. But come Black Friday they were over half off so I pulled the trigger #noregrets

They have a low heel and a quilted satin lining for comfort.  I couldn't wait to wear them to church this past season.
They're basically going to dictate every outfit I wear this month :)

Also, mini handbags make an outfit not-so-everyday.







Velvet Blouse | Wide Leg Crop Pants | Velvet Bow Mules | Earrings |

Dress Beautifully in Velvet (and Bows)

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: