Jun 26, 2024

The Prettiest Dress I Ever Wore

Tomorrow is my 14th wedding anniversary! Let's take a moment for the prettiest dress I ever did wear.

It wasn't expensive, in fact it cost $100.

It wasn't extravagant, in fact it was so simple in just white satin I added covered buttons from top to bottom down the back for embellishment. 

I accessories with a vintage set of triple stranded pearls with diamond flower clasp. An heirloom piece I hope to pass down. This was my something old. 

My something blue was dyed shoes that also dyed my feet - June wedding & lots of dancing!

I wore a birdcage veil with a hairpiece made from my dress fabric that held pins from both our grandmothers. Those were my something borrowed.

This is the one thing (just kidding I'd also have drawn in eyebrows - we didn't do that back then) I would change. It was trendy and recommended from a friend. Looking back I wish I'd have worn my Mamma's traditional veil with lace trim!


Ryan gifted me sapphire stud earrings and a bible with my new married name on it. They were my something new. 


I'll wear a lot of fabulous outfits in my life but this dress, this dress dressed me beautifully for the best day of my entire life!


Dress the Greatest of Days Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: