Dec 14, 2015

Crisp White Lace


This lace blouse is by far one of the loveliest pieces in my closet.  I was scrolling online and came to a halt when I saw it.  It's even more gorgeous in person!  It arrived and I basically ripped open the package to try it on.  Instantly I knew I'd be wearing it to church that next Sunday.
I couldn't wait to show it to my Mamma too - she of course loved it! We share in our ladylike style.

Oddly enough I'm not a 'lace' person.  I'm extremely prissy and feminine but even when shopping for my wedding gown, lace just didn't tickle my fancy.  I believe that this lace blouse works for me because it's design is that of a dress shirt with it's crisp collar and cuffs.  And y'all know I love a crisp white shirt!!!
It also has the black trim on the delicate scallops, defining the pattern.  I also love that the body of the blouse is completely lined.  I'm not a fan of shear lace because you have to layer a camisole and/or strapless bra and I don't find it to be appropriate for the office, therefore limiting it's wear.
 I like to invest in pieces that can be worn as much as possible.

I've tucked this blouse into a high waisted black pencil skirt so you are missing the scalloped hem. (stay tuned for a casual styling post with this blouse)
I believe that this lace blouse will be fun to wear all year round with endless styling options.  Think of it like a crisp white shirt but a little fancier.  It pairs with everything from skirts to trousers and even jeans. Or layer it underneath a sleeveless dress.

I'm coming around on lace.  It's not just for formal wear or your grandma's table top.  Constructed well and with lining (essential) it can add a whole lot of feminine detail to a look.









Lace Blouse: J Crew Similar and Here || Black Pencil Skirt: Ann Taylor || Pumps: Nine West ||
Handbag: Prada || Sunglasses: Kate Spade || Earrings: Kate Spade Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in Lace

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: