Dec 17, 2015

Little Black Leather Dress


Technically it's supposed to be leather weather. Although the past week here in the Queen City has felt more like a mild Summer.  It makes it difficult to get into the Christmas spirit when instead  of sweaters and coats you're bare legged and sleeveless. We're definitely not having a white Christmas! (not that I ever have living in the South my whole life)

Along with wool, cashmere and fur I love colder temps so I can bust out the rich textured leathers.  Now, I constantly tell you gals that I insist on natural fibers: cotton, silk, wool, fur, leather etc..  Although I'm warming to a good 'faux' fur and leather; make no mistake real are always preferred.

But luckily the faux textiles have come along way in their quality and 'real' appearance. I've noticed that faux leather has been advertised as 'vegan' in most stores.  I guess it sounds more organic/natural but let me clarify for you gals - it's all synthetic/polyurethane!

Side Note: I used to be a chemist for a few years after college before entering the business world and you wouldn't believe the knowledge I've acquired on synthetic textiles - You may not realize it but science plays a huge impact in your wardrobe think of all the stretch garments in your closet (amen for Spanx) it's all synthetic/polymer chemistry  #nerd

A 'LBD' (Little Black Dress) is a wardrobe staple but I'm digging a leather version.  Layered with a dress shirt or blazer it's chic for the office.  I also find it to be a nice alternative to sequins and lace for the holiday soirees. It's more of an edgy look and you can always add statement baubles and shiny shoes to gussy it up.
This one is faux or shall I say 'vegan' and I like that it adds variety and a modern touch to my typically classic closet.








Faux leather dress: Saks 5th Ave Similar & Here || Booties: Similar & Here || 
Clutch: Kate Spade Similar & here || Necklace: Madewell || Earrings: Kate Spade || 

Dress Beautifully in a Leather Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: