Dec 9, 2015

Red Hot


In red again.  It's just so fitting this time of year.  I love the look of a sharp red suit, but let's not go stepping on Santa's toes.  Split the pieces up.  I've shown you how to transition a red blazer into the weekend here and how to pair red with unexpected colors here.

Today, it's all about the flaming red pants.  Like I shared in Monday's post, let the bright red shine and be the focus. So I kept my pairings simple but by no means boring!

I couldn't wait to style this crop jacket this season. It's a favorite!  Glen plaid is a classic print and almost always done in the timeless black and ivory wool weave.  Houndstooth is my most favorite print - did ya'll know that?  It's been too long since I've styled houdstooth. Glen plaid is in the houndstooth family, it takes the print into a check/plaid pattern and varies the size of the checks.
This jacket reminds me of something Jackie O would wear and gals, you can't go wrong with the classics! Invest, they will last forever.
And just because they are polished pieces doesn't mean you're stuck wearing them in the office or church.  I top off a blouse, sweater or even denim shirt with this jacket along with my jeans and boots for the weekend.

Even though I added contrasting light and dark neutrals, by also having print in the jacket and pleats in the blouse the look has more interest and texture.  Color blocking is strong and showcases the color pairings, by adding subtle prints and textures your look is softer and the pieces are more complimentary to each other.

So in styling red pants, the sky is the limit. I chose glen plaid. Top them with a plaid button down, denim, or a sweater for a casual look.  Or, opt for a silk, lace or embellished top for a night out. Paired with neutrals or other bright colors, red is going to shine bright in your look.

Don't be intimidates by red pants, they're hot! And with your head held high, strut with confidence knowing you are and look fabulous!










My pieces are from several seasons ago - here are their current versions or similar 
Red Pants: Ann Taylor, Similar and Here || Glen Plaid Jacket: Brooks Brothers, Similar Here and Here || Ivory Shell: Trina Turk Similar and Here || Pumps: Nine West || 
Handbag: Prada Similar and Here || Sunglasses: Kate Spade ||

Dress Beautifully in Red Hot Pants

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: