Dec 7, 2015

Red + Camel


December is all about Christmas, and when I think of Christmas the color red is bright and center.  Look around gals, red ribbons, wreaths, trees and even holiday outfits.  Oh yes and there's Santa (I'm too old and have no kids - I also focus on the reason for Christmas!)

Funny enough, I get asked often if I wear red. Uh Yes.  It's always followed with the 'well you have red hair'.  I have 'red' hair but that doesn't hold me back on color.  The only colors I avoid are neons and that's because they are harsh and completely unnatural.  They should remain locked away in the 80's never to come out again.

Red is know for it's boldness. It's an attention getter.  Because it's so prominent, it doesn't need extra sparkle or show.  When wearing red, let the color speak for itself.  Stick with simple designs and natural fabrics.

This red suit dress is professional for the office but with a unique cut out neckline design and fitted silhouette it's perfect for evening with added statement jewelry, strappy heels and a clutch.

I paired this dress with a camel topper coat, nude pumps and my favorite accessory for winter, fur.  Your wardrobe should be an expression of your personality and this fur tote is signature SL!
Note: I understand fur isn't for everyone - please don't report me I'm not wearing a panda for crying out loud!

If you've been reading along for a while you already know I gravitate to the lighter neutrals: ivory, tan and grey.  Of the darker neutrals I prefer navy, charcoal, & brown before I go to black.  Choose the neutrals that speak to you but don't be afraid to go outside your comfort zone.

I like how the lightness of the camel let's the bright red shine!

Add some red to your looks this Christmas season.









Red Dress: J Crew Factory || Camel Topper: Similar & here || Pumps: Nine West || 
Earrings: Towne & Reese || Fur Handbag: Similar & Here || Sunglasses: Kate Spade || 

Dress Beautifully in a Red Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: