Feb 8, 2016

Roses


It's Valentine's week!  I'm obsessed with love - Love for God, Mr, family, friends, our country and let's not forget the little loves of fashion, red lipstick, black coffee (it is Monday), lemons, fine paper (I'm all about correspondence) and of course champagne! It's Love that sustains me!

When I think of Valentine's Day the typical comes to mind, flowers, chocolate and date nights.  Sadly Mr and I haven't had but a couple Valentine's Day dates over the past 10 years but we always made up for it in other ways when we did see each other.  I was never one for flowers or chocolate, they die and well chocolate isn't friendly on the waist line.  So he always got creative with his tokens of affection. This year he's on the other side of the world but thank goodness our love knows no distance.

It's funny how gals will use any occasion to style a look.  Valentine's Day is no exception.  Magazines, blogs, store front windows and even Pinterest will all be sharing lovely looks.  Even me.
So here's what I picked to celebrate love, because aren't roses the flower of love? - minus the thorns?

This cropped shell with roses was just the piece.  Since it's still winter I paired with one of it's darker shades, bordeaux, but accessorized with lighter shades of pink.  This look is ideal for both the office and date night.  Try swapping the pencil skirt for skinny black pants or jeans for a more comfortable and casual look.

This Valentine's Day pinks, reds, florals and just your sweet heart will make the loveliest of looks!

P.S. Thanks to my gal pals & their peer pressure I'm seeing more roses than ever before, I'm watching 'The Bachelor' for the second time - I know I've lived under a rock.  Well, honestly I record it, I need beauty sleep for my 5am wake up. I want to quit but it's literally a train wreck you can't look away from!!






Rose Top: Vince Camuto more Rose styles here and here || Skirt: Similar and here || 
Pink Handbag: Tory Burch || Pumps: Cole Haan || Earrings: Honora ||  

Dress Beautifully in Roses

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: