Jan 20, 2017

Friday 5: Beauty Arsenal

TGIF! Whew this week has been a rough one. Though I had more moments than I'd like just trying to hold it all together there were also some awesome wins! You have to work hard not to let the light of the great stuff be darkened by the not so good stuff. Stop and count your blessings!

When it comes to tackling tough hair days I rely on a few key tools and products to bring it to life so I can at least tackle the day looking good.  Since I don't take it easy on my mane with curling irons, hairdryer, hairspray to combat the daily sweat sessions and a mere twice a week washing, I have to use a few tricks to spruce it up.

Regardless of your schedule no one has time to spend hours coiffing. And with hair as thick as mine a blow out twice a week is as much as I can muster. And it's healthier to skip a few days.

So no matter how crazy life is - you can hide it!

My beauty arsenal ...


Hairdryer:  Well, if you follow me on Instagram you saw that #thestruggleisreal.  My hairdryer was held together with masking tape after I dropped it on our slate bathroom floor! I've since replaced it with this one.   It's made of a softer plastic so it should survive the beatings.  I use the concentrator attachment to help shape my hair and focus on the roots.  It's key to drying out the sweat around my hairline after the gym.

Curling Iron:  I use a 1" size and close to the highest heat setting.  I try and only curl my entire mane on wash day and maybe a bit for touch ups on day 2 or 3. By using a smaller barrel iron I have smaller curls on day 1 and day 2 they've fallen, looser and just right!

Round Brush:  This big barrel brush is essential for drying my hair with volume and straightening out my natural curls.  It's also great for lifting the roots so I can dry the sweat out on the in-between days.

Dry Shampoo: LIFESAVER!!!!!! This has changed my life! Best dry shampoo I've ever tried.  I buy several at a time for fear I'll run out and can't find it.  I've tried multiple scents and love them all.  It adds texture, major volume and truly refreshes my mane.  You'd never know I hadn't washed it in several days. I shake it, spray it on my roots and rub it in vigorously with my fingers and Ta Da!

Hairspray:  I've tried a variety of cans and this one is so far my fav.  I don't like my hair to be crunchy and plastered but I need it to hold and still move.  I'm also a bit particular about smell.  I like to wear perfume so I prefer all my beauty products to be unscented as to not compete. This hairspray is just right; not too firm, flexible and truly holds with a nice smell. I try to use it sparingly as heat and alcohol dry out your hair and I want to protect it as much as possible.

So there you have it, the tools I use everyday for coiffing my lion mane.  From the curly day 1 to the low pony on day 4, I use these to create hair styled beautifully.

Dress Your Hair Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise




No comments: