Jan 9, 2017

LBD + Extras

BRRRRR! Baby it's cold outside!  ... and time for my first outfit post of 2017!

Here in Charlotte, NC the word (or hashtag) snow has been overused to say the least over the past 3 days.  We don't get to use it very often and we're not quite sure what to with it other than to make sure we have bread and milk on hand. hahaha - neither of which I eat so it didn't bother me that the shelves were empty.
Out home in the city got a mere dusting while the suburbs got several inches.  I honestly woke up disappointed Saturday morning as the inner kid in me really wanted to make a snowman. But I lived vicariously through everyone else's posts and took advantage of our clear roads to venture out to the gym & target (the only places open to get our wiggles out).

If you know me or have been following along, you know I LOVE fur!  All of mine is vintage so animals lovers please don't freak out.  If it's not for you stick with faux - I have some of that too.
Over the summer the go-to Douglas Montaldo's Hertzberg Furs had a huge estate sale that I took advantage of.  Must confess, it was a bit difficult to shop for fur in July. 
But I was counting on colder temps for the winter and sure enough they're here and I'm wearing this beauty! 

So the point of this post is not the fur but how this fur and other elements can take a little black dress (LBD) and add style. There are occasions that call for the minimum (interviews & funerals or days that's just the best you can do) but by adding a few extras your LBD can have maximum style.



Vintage furs often have the original owner's name embroidered in the lining.  I find it sentimental and added a patch with my name embroidered over the owners.  It's as if I'm carrying her memories as I make my own.  Her name was done in a matching ivory thread. I decided to be fun and went with a bright cherry red. In the South we like to leave a personal marks with monograms or all out with our full names ... some of us even have double names :)
If a fur coat isn't your thing, opt for a colored coat.


This dress was designed with an attached bow sash around the neckline with contrasting white piping. It adds feminine and timeless detail that doesn't overwhelm.  It's professional for the office but can certainly be fun with a pair of colored heels. The classic aline design with natural waist seam and subtle pleats create a very flattering fit!  This dress is perfect for all year wear I certainly plan to do just that for years to come.




For another extra element of style I paired with polka dot tights.  The dots are tiny so they have the Monet effect ... from far away you wouldn't even know, up close super fun!
And mary jane pumps or any pump with straps are great when wearing tights as they prevent your foot from sliding out.





Dress - Similar & Here || Mink Coat || Tights || Pumps || Handbag || 

Dress Your LBD Beautifully with Style Extras

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: