Jan 16, 2017

Moto


Everyone has a style box.  Perimeters that we dress within a majority of the time.  For example I would categorize my style as classic, polished and ladylike.  But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate other styles. I believe it's important to incorporate elements that aren't your instinctual go-to.  It would be so boring and predictable if you didn't.

So, I make effort to add preppy, sporty, boho, glam and edgy pieces into my wardrobe to add variety and to stay modern.  If you venture too far outside of your 'style' box I can promise you won't wear it. The key is to find pieces that you actually like (don't choose something because someone or everyone else is wearing it) and avoid going to the extreme.

I knew I wanted a moto jacket to add an edgy element to my wardrobe. The leather moto jacket while trending huge this past year has been around for decades. I chose one that's fairly basic in black.  I didn't go for one in color, with fringe, or with embroidery or grommets.  That would just be too much and I'd feel like I was in a costume.

I also try and keep the investment lower on pieces that are more trendy or outside of my style box. So, I went with faux leather and purchased on sale when choosing this moto jacket.

I styled weekend look on the greyscale.  This moto jacket paired with my weekday office garments (sheath dresses, trousers & blouse) or a feminine floral piece and you have a very modern and chic outfit.







Dress Beautifully in a Moto Jacket

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: