Jun 11, 2018

Mamma Monday: Infant Toys

Happy Monday Mammas!

One of my favorite things to buy Vivian Louise is toys (second to dresses, naturally).  It surprised me but seeing her play with toys is so much fun!
The big smiles and excitement she has for them while joyful, they are also a big part of her development.

We use them for tracking, tummy time, coordination and even working on her noggin shape.

Some of the key things I look for in toys are bright colors, size for her to hold on to, noise/crinkle components, and cuteness :)

I happen to receive several hungry caterpillar toys at my baby showers and from just a few weeks old Vivian Louise has LOVED them.  She was able to see the big red head early so I began quite the collection (I'm embarrassed to tell you just how many she has). She even has a caterpillar backpack that we use to carry her toys in when we go places.

Almost all of our play time is on the floor so that she can use her body to move.

Here are a few of our favorite toys ...

Her lavender sleeper is part of a 3 piece set (zipper is awesome)
I love them so much that I've purchased them in every size.  She's still in the 0-3 month. 

Glow Seahorse - I registered for this and it's been a go-to every day!  it plays the sweetest music and she loves it! We take it everywhere, even on our strolls.

Oball - She holds this ball and eats it every day.  It's one of our top 2 toys.

Caterpillar Crinkle Book - Our #1 Fav! She holds it, crinkles it, eats it, stares at it, basically obsessed with it.  When ever I need to cheer her up it's a winner. The crinkle is MAGIC!

Clown Chime Ball - This is a classic toy. We use the clown to help with tracking, meaning following with her eyes and moving her head.  It makes a chime sound when you shake it, the head spins and the arms move.

Noggin Stick - This toy is also great for tracking and encouraging her to look/move her head where we want it.  The head lights up and changes colors when you shake it.  It rattles and has a mirror on the end.  She can now hold it and eat it.

Music Box - This box lights up when the music plays.  She loves the sounds and it is also good for tracking.

Rings- These are awesome for tummy time.  They can 'rake' use their hands to grab them and drag them.  They're also great for hooking onto things (carseat, stroller, bouncy seat) so she can play with them.

Rattle Socks- these are the jam! They're like tap shoes and help her find her feet.  She moves her legs with gusto when she wears them! I take lots of videos.

Books - It's never too early to start reading to your kiddos but they are also great to prop up for babies to look at during tummy time.

While I never imagined I'd be spending my days at 35 playing on the floor with toys, it's better than any great day in the office! 

Dress Your Baby's Play Time Beautifully with Fun Toys

XOXO Sarah Louise



No comments: