Jun 4, 2018

Mamma Monday: Tops for the Nursing Mamma

Hey Gals!

I've been meaning to share with you tops that are friendly for the nursing mamma. Because unless it's a shirt dress you're sentenced to a two piece wardrobe for this phase of life.

Confession:  I'm more than a little frustrated with the lack of fashion freedom due to the size of my chest and access needed for nursing. Motherhood = sacrifice! It is only temporary I tell myself over and over again when I want to quit every. single. day.

However, I've been able to find tops in my same size (I'm not buying something that I can't wear later - bad investment) that are on trend but allow me to easily feed baby girl if needed.  Not that I do it much outside my home, well basically I avoid it at all costs but there are times.

You want to look for tops that are looser or have a more boxy shape to them so that you can easily lift up or unbutton. Also, try fun colors and prints because we deserve to still feel pretty even when it's Alllll about the babies!

Be careful of tees and tanks that you don't stretch them out lifting.

Here are some tops I've found that function and are fashionable ...


This classic cotton top has invisible zippers! So cool and one of my favorites!


This pretty pink button down in a looser fit and tie front is not only trending but super comfortable for the summer.  I've worn it several times now with jeans, skirts, and even a pair of joggers.
PS I also have the strawberry version - both in size xxs


This green blouse adds not only color but beautiful detail in the embroidery!
This is an example of a boxy straight cut top that has just enough room to lift up but not too big that you look sloppy.


This floral lace top in pink is one of my absolute favorites! I wore it on my birthday :)
Seriously, Kate Spade makes the pretties clothes!!


A classic stripe button down. Goes with everything and this one is great because it is super light and and a slightly longer sleeve (just above the elbow) Leave them down or roll them up.


The workhorse for your wardrobe, the chambray shirt.  This one is super soft and there's nothing in your closet it won't pair nicely with. 

If you're a nursing Mamma like me 1st, you rock! (hardest thing I've ever done) 2nd I hope you find some of these tops to your liking or at least find some inspiration for dressing because it's important to dress beautifully even when you have to halfway undress several times a day.

Dress Beautifully in Nursing Friendly Tops

XOXO Sarah Louise


No comments: