Sep 25, 2018

In-Between


Gals, it's officially Fall AND it's starting to actually feel like it! Ok it's still warm but I'm not in danger of heat stroke when I go for a run. While we are all itching for sweater weather I don't foresee it happening for another several weeks, at least for us here in the South.  But I'm ready for a change in my wardrobe. So, here we are, a way to transition from Summer to Fall for the in between weather.

The top says warmer weather, (well actually all year because you can layer over) the plaid pants say cooler temps and the booties say it all in a Summer shade but Fall/Winter design.

So here you have it, a look that bridges the seasonal gap.

This top I've had for several years, it's a favorite I wear all year long. And it's subtle stripes make its perfect pairing even with this plaid - think of it as lines on top of lines. Also, the blue in the top brings out the bits of blue in the plaid.

These pants in the paper bag waist, wide leg design are all the rage and I'm cool with it because they're super comfortable and make your waist look super small.

Now, the booties.  I'm normally a rule follower but as y'all know I'm obsessed with white so to limit my wear of the bright clean neutral to the days between Memorial Day & Labor Day feels like a punishment. So as I'm writing this I'm wearing white jeans and thinking of when I can strut these new booties out. They are the softest leather and the white actually has a hint of cream to it so perfectly acceptable.  Shoot I'll just call them winter white and all is good.
The kitten heel is just right for a dressier shoe without all the discomfort.

Now if you wanted to make this look more casual - swap the button front with a comfy t-shirt or sweater. And swap the booties for a ballet flat.

Work with what you have gals!






Plaid Pants | Striped Shirt | White Booties |

Dress Beautifully in the In-Between

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Little Kooma is Singapore based kidswear online store providing little girl cute outfits. The store offering exceptional stock of comfortable as well as fashionable clothes for your children.