Sep 19, 2018

Not so Basic


Gals, 'Basic' is a trending word to describe something/actions that is mainstream/popular or just 'plain'.  Well I don't like either word .... I prefer simple or classic.

From a glance this outfit is 'basic' but let me assure you it's far from ordinary.

My go-to is a white top.  I have countless.  I got it from my Mamma, and Grandma. Paired with jeans and flats, it's effortless, comfortable and more than just classic - it's classy!

The trick to avoid looking 'basic' is to keep the pieces modern and with detail.

Now I know this post is taking a focus on the white top and jeans look but I have to take a turn and share with you the AMAZINGNESS that is these skinny jeans!  Gals, I actually feel and look skinny in them.  I do not have skinny legs and these jeans make them look longer and leaner.

They are a higher rise, which can be hard for me because I have a super short torso ... my hips and ribs are just a couple inches apart. But these are just perfect and allow for shorter tops. The coloring and softness just right.  I promise you will LOVE & LIVE in these jeans. Go now and get a pair!

PS If you bring in an old pair of jeans you can get $20 off a new pair :) #yourwelcome



Now the white top, it's a button up with a collar but the modern detailing is in the tiers. Not Basic.
It's super soft and easy to wear casually with jeans or with dress pants/skirts.

Side Note: For my fellow nursing Mammas it's perfect!!


Oh, I can't forget to talk about these flats.  They were included in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale back in July and sold out almost immediately during the pre-sale.  I took Vivian Louise to the mall during the sale to give it a peak before I ordered online and sure enough to my surprise there was a pair of these flats on the table.  I quickly checked the size and it was a 6!  I slipped my foot in and score!  Next thing I know I was at the register.  These shoes were pricey so I had to take advantage of the sale.
The pointed toe, front slit and d'orsay design is chic and polished. Also leg lengthening!




White Shirt (xxs) | Jeans (25) | Flats (tts) |

Question, do you gals want sizing??  I've never included it but wonder if it would be helpful.

Dress Beautifully in the Classics 

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: