Mar 6, 2020

Friday Favorites: 90's Baby

TGIF! This has been a strong week.  After battling a horrific germ I was able to return to my regular workout routine and gracious did I go hard! It felt beyond good to be back in the game.  I also got to have a really nice date night with Ryan Wednesday night.  His work schedule has been more crazy than normal but we make time for just us two so that we, as husband and wife, can stay strong.

Gracious may your coffee always be strong!

Today I feel that there are going to be some strong feelings about these fashion choices.

Do you gals remember the angst our Mammas felt when the styles of their youth returned? Well, I'm here to tell ya that we are now in our Mammas' shoes because our glory days are back in the form of acid wash, tiny floral slip skirts, tapered jeans, tie dye and square toe strappy sandals!

Here are 5 reinvented trends I'm all about with a nostalgic sense of fun....

Acid Wash

You probably cringed at the image of the splotchy patterned denim and I'm with you when it comes to the high waisted pleated pants BUT in this puff sleeve shift dress I find it cool!

Note: When it comes to the fun trendy pieces, I do not invest! I do balance the fad with classic elements so that I don't appear too outlandish.

Tiny Floral Slip Skirt


Ribbed Tee - Floral Slip Skirt

My gal pals & I wore these proudly on Sunday mornings to church (we are still BFF's). When they reappeared last year I had to have one and even purchased 5. Each and every one was unbearably unflattering. The nature of the skimming cut and light weight fabric with it's high luster is not forgiving on the shapeliness of a lady.
But THIS skirt gals, is beautiful.  The fabric has enough weight to skim and not cling, the tiny print of flowers and saturated sky blue conceal and a hidden elastic waist band allows it to sit snug on the waist for a very flattering and feminine shape.

The best part is that it comes with a guarantee of twirling and extra spring in your step.

Mom Jeans

The high waisted, lighter wash and tapered leg jeans became cringe worthy once they were replaced dark flat front jeans.  Today designers have taken those designs and reworked them with modern elements to give us a comfortable feminine fit that's cool.

Tie Dye


The splattered pattern of color has such a fun and youthful vibe and it's really hard not to be happy wearing it. But if you're not careful in neon colors and excess it can be tacky. In muted and softer shades it can be casual and cool.

Square Toe Sandals

I find the strong lines of a square toe sandal fun and comfortable.  It is unexpected and gives a sassy flair.  The trick is for the rest of the shoe to stay light, so no platforms or thick straps.
I spared you a picture of my feet in these heels for 2 reasons, 1: my toe nails are unpainted during the winter & 2. I have extremely hideous feet with bunions & callouses. #yourwelcome

Here are some 90's trends that should NEVER be resurrected ....


Fanny Packs, Low Rise Pants, Choker Necklaces, Neon, Torso Revealing Tops, Skin Tight Mini Dresses, Butterfly Clips, Platform Slip On Sandals & Combat Boots ... Just to name a few :)

Dress Beautifully in the Trends of the 90's #GloryDays

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: