Mar 16, 2020

Mamma Monday: Home Sweet Home


Social distancing is in full swing.  While everyone has their opinions on the matter, the fact remains that establishments and institutions are closed and we are advised by authorities to stay home and away from others.
As an extrovert, this is sad for me. As a type-A VERY scheduled and routined gal, this is very difficult for me.  I've made the decision NOT to dwell on the unwanted disruption of my plans and embrace the blessings that come from it.
Note: This is a real struggle and doesn't come easy. I'm simply deciding to work as hard as I can for contentment. 

Let's make our homes a sanctuary for learning, fun and treasured time!


Think of it this way gals, a completed to-do list or fun time playing with the beautiful children God gave to YOU?  That list will keep, I promise. And if you're like me and that completed list keeps you sane, take that carefully crafted schedule and shift it so that you can tackle those tasks before breakfast, during naps and after bedtime.  Decide what can be done alongside your children (Vivian is sitting beside me at my desk playing with paperclips).
It very well may take me all day with multiple sessions to complete this post.

We've won the lottery in TIME ... here's how I'm going to spend my winnings ....


1. Playing with Vivian - coloring, pretending (tea parties, cooking, caring for babies etc...) reading LOTS of books, puzzles, dance parties, and ALL the outside fun we can squeeze in with her playhouse, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, swinging etc....
I'm also going to incorporate her in memorizing scripture.


2. Potty training - I was going to wait until Spring Break, but we clearly have the time and opportunity. She's so crazy excited and asks several times a day to go potty.


3. Organizing - tackling the remaining drawers, cabinets and closets.  Ryan's afraid we'll have nothing left because I'm constantly purging (I despise clutter)


4. Home Exercising - this is THE HARDEST element.  I go to the gym 5 days a week and I work hard while I'm there to strength my muscles and endurance.  I despise exercising at home but I'm about to learn real quickly how to make it work. I'm so angry about this inconvenience. I know that it's not a 'real' problem as I am not facing food, shelter or income struggles.
So, I'm going to play some great music, research online routines and use my equipment for sweat sessions and my community sidewalks for long runs.
The best part was having a place for Vivian to learn and play with pals while I sweat.
Shifting the schedule gals. Sigh


5. Gardening - I'm going to prepare our garden for planting.  Last year was the first time I planted one and our family enjoyed caring for our vegetables and eating them :)
Vivian has a ball playing in it while I pull weeds haha


6. Practicing Hospitality - I have a passionate hatred for cooking and all things kitchen (that is NO exaggeration). But hospitality is a wonderful way to love others so I'm going to make some healthy muffins (I believe it to be a disservice to give others food that isn't nutritious) and share with neighbors and friends.


7. Switching Seasons - I'm going to pack up all my cold weather garments and shoes and swap them out for my warm weather wardrobe.  I'm so excited to see sundresses and sandals! I will tackle any alterations and dry-cleaning that may have been overlooked.


8. Reading - I struggle to slow down and read.  I'd rather do ALL the things and feel accomplished but I know it's healthy to have rest time. Now that there's more daylight and warmer weather I'm going to spend more time laying in our hammock with a book. Even if it's just 20-30 mins.

This top can be deliver to you in 2 days and it's important to get dressed even if you don't leave your home! 

9.  Blogging - I want to share useful content with you and ideally would have an organized calendar drafted and ready to post in advance. This is a long shot as it is my hobby not my job and I want my family cared for first. But I enjoy this so much and a happy SL is good to others so I'm going to work hard to balance it with a toddler at home.


10.  Writing Letters - I'm going to send more snail mail that I normally do and include some of Vivian's artwork.  I hope it will bring joy to my family and friends.

Dress Beautifully in Your Sweet Home

XOXO Sarah-Louise

1 comment:

Adare's Boutique, LLC said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Sympli dress