Mar 13, 2020

Friday Favorites: Don't Worry Be Happy

TGIF! These are crazy times we're living in gals. This was not my anticipated post (I was going to share my love of belts and give you tons of options) BUT I'm going to share it next week b/c this was weighing on me. And you can dress beautifully on the outside but no outfit can fix an anxious heart. Only Jesus can do that!

'Coronavirus' is the word on everyone's mind. What is it? What's going to happen? Do I have enough toilet paper? .... I stocked up several days ago whew!

"What if's" create a spiral of anxieties. Anxiety creates stress and upset NOT a solution.

I consider myself to be a strong faithful person but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about schools closing, the gym closing - basically the places we love and go to, my loved ones, the economy!! and my dear husband who practices medicine in the ER of the hospital and is practically living there these days.
I'm concerned my gal pals won't want to be near me b/c of my exposure to his exposure and the reality that he'll bring it home. UGH


Rather than freak out let's be trusting children of God and rely on Him! NOT the news #amen

Here are my favorite bible verses to turn to when I'm faced with the unknowns and worry ...

Matthew 6:25-27  “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?”

Matthew 6:34  “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”


Psalm 55:22  Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved


Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.



Psalm 121:1-2  I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 112:7 They will have no fear of bad news;  their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
Proverbs 3:5-6   Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Isaiah 43:1-3 Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good."

Psalm 20:7 "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God."


When we keep our focus where it needs to be, on Jesus, worry has a tendency to melt away.

He blessed us with this life to enjoy ....


So Don't Worry Be Happy

DressBeautifully with a Worry Free & Happy Heart

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: