Feb 3, 2023

Friday Favorites: Preloved Handbags

TGIF! I'm tickled pink it's February! January seemed like a very long month and I love all the sweetness that comes with Valentine's Day.  My Mamma always make Valentine's Day so special for us. 

Handbags also have a very special place my closet. I have an affinity for fine leather goods but gracious they also come with a fine price tag. 

I have an equal mix of new and new to me handbags and I adore and wear them all the same.

I find that shopping preloved in handbags (along with lots of other things) is a very savvy practice. You know that phrase 'They don't make them like the used to' well that doesn't just apply to cars and houses. I find it true for handbags, clothing etc .... Age can be a great thing when it come to quality with more hands on craftsmanship. 

Here are my tips for shopping preloved handbags:


Knowledge
    Research the item (in person if possible) to know what size & design elements you prefer
    You Tube is great for educating yourself on the details.
    Understand authentic identifiers - serial numbers, stitching, design etc ...

Shop Validated Retailers
    When investing you want to make sure the item is authenticated and as presented
    Retailers like The Real Real - Ebay - Rebag - FashionPhile - Keeks all ensure products are authentic
    Local consignment shops are also a great place to shop & it's in person!


Patience
    You often have to wait a long time for just the right item to become available. - I wanted a Lady Dior bag for over 10 years and finally came across this one that was just right!

Negotiate 
    You can often negotiate with sellers (I did on this bag and settled on several hundred less than the asking price). 
    Be sure to do so politely and reasonably - knowing current market price along with condition and age helps. 

Note: In case you are selling your own designer bag it is beneficial to have all paperwork and receipts!

I encourage you to explore preloved handbags 
and even other items for a new to you treat at a sweet price!

Dress Beautifully in Preloved

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: