Feb 13, 2023

Sit Still & Have Fun

I can NOT sit still!!! I'm constantly moving quickly doing all the things ALL day long! 
I like to do things, be productive and get a thrill from crossing things off of my to-do list.

I think of relaxing and long for it but can't bring myself to actually sit still. I'm just like the wiggle worm you see in a little kid. I'm not mad about my energy and wouldn't want to be any other way but I would like to incorporate some focused fun and quiet. 


Over Christmas break I received a puzzle. Puzzles are something I enjoyed doing as a kid and have missed as an adult. I put it together with my sister and gracious was it so much fun! We sat at our breakfast table and I said 'boom' each time I connected a challenging piece!


Bonus: the puzzle was reversible so the next day we did the other side

This past weekend I decided to sit still and do another. I'm not sure if it was the busy week I had or just enjoying our home with Ryan in it (rare especially on weekends) but I pulled one out of our cabinet and started.

Note: Before I can work or do anything focused I make sure all chores are done. I'd like to think I could just make them wait but I that's outside my limits.

Here are some great activities for sitting still & HAVING FUN ...

This art is making a comeback.
I have a few gal pals that do it and I'm thinking of trying it.
Stockings & Pillows are popular projects.


I used to do this a lot as a kid.


These have never appealed to me - but I imagine it would really enhance your vocabulary
Back when the newspapers were big this was very popular.


I absolutely LOVE games but it does require more people.
I really want to incorporate them with my gal pals. 

Maybe you enjoy painting, or sewing or making jewelry, 
whatever you like to do I encourage you to sit still and do it!
Life is meant to be enjoyed! Work is necessary but so is fun!

Dress Beautifully Sitting Still

XOXO Sarah Louise 

No comments: