May 15, 2023

Gifts of Appreciation

This week is Teacher Appreciation week and I believe with confidence that all mothers burst with gratitude for those that work in education. The reason being is that it's not just a job to them, it's a service that comes from the heart. While they put forth lots of effort in teaching them academics they most importantly pour into building their character and caring for them with love. 

My sister and I say all the time they are Angels!

Showing appreciation outside of a simple 'thanks' really does make an impact. Gift giving isn't my love language (in fact when taking the quiz I never answer a single question that aligns with gifts) but it is an appropriate gesture in showing appreciation to others particularly when they are outside your close knit friends.

Tip: Keep some of these on hand in a closet and always include a handwritten note!

Here are some gifts I enjoy gifting in appreciation ...


Mani/Pedi Gift Set with Polish
this is especially nice in the Spring
I gifted this to Vivian's school teachers & staff.


I've given so many of these and my sweet friend gave me one of my own for my birthday!
They're beautiful reminders and encouragements.


Beauty Basket
My sister gifted one to her neighbor.
The basket can be used for home organizations while the products being consumables aren't just clutter.
She included face masks, nail polish, lotion, soap, lip balm, hair clips etc ...
Tip: use the dollar store!


Kitchen Set
a tea towel & utensil ... perhaps add nice loaf of bread, wine, coffee ...
simple yet so enjoyable & useful
You could also add a cookbook


Potted Plant
I prefer this over flowers! 
The recipient can care for it and enjoy watching it grow over time.
Consider herbs as they can be incorporated into cooking.
This lily was gifted to me at a time of loss over 6 years ago


Bird Feeder
this is lovely to add to someone's home. 
Watching and listening to birds sing adds wonder to the yard


Devotional Books - Journals
I know I need daily encouragement and reminders
These books will be a blessing


Pictures 
We tend to keep photos on our phone & posted online but I find that rarely do we print them for display.
Seeing them in your space brings a smile at the memory.
Print a photo of your time together and enclose in a card or even frame!


Meal
This one is outside my comfort zone but I'm slowly but surely getting better.
Bringing a family a meal is the ultimate gift of hospitality. 
Especially to elderly and those with little children.
Tip: Explore your local grocery store deli for simple heat and serve packages


I'm super sentimental. A decorative box is not only beautiful to display but can 
serve as a special place to store thoughtful treasures.

Dress Others in Appreciation Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: