May 8, 2023

Sentimental Soiree

I'm far from a hostess with the mostess but I do adore gathering, celebrating and making others feel loved. In fact my love language is quality time which to me is the most valuable (also the most challenging to obtain). As my 40th birthday approached I didn't just want a dinner or party, I wanted to honor the people that make my life the blessing that it is.

Here are some of the things I incorporated to make this soiree a special time ...

CHEERS

After everyone had a few minutes to mingle as the host I toasted them as a group with a greeting of gratitude and purpose.  I shared how special each one is and in efforts to spare our make up of tears that I'd write to them individually in the coming days.

I believe it's important to open your time together in recognition of why you're together.
Even if it's a casual shindig at your home, begin with a greeting. 

CAPTURE THE MOMENTS


Delegate someone to take pictures of the fun memories being made.
This allows everyone to be present with their phones down and eyes up!

EMBRACE


Share all the smiles and squeezes you can! Our days are so full and thank goodness for technology that allows us to keep up it's not the same as face-to-face fellowship.

ENJOY


Make sure all are eating the food, participating with one another in conversation and 

GIVE


I gifted my guests a classic silver frame.


The following week I printed and mailed a photo of us together with a handwritten note.

Whether the occasion is a milestone or impromptu backyard hang out, 
make the moments count with the people around you!


Dress Beautifully Being a Graceful Host

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: