Jun 28, 2023

Gussied Up Shorts

Every now and then I take a momentary break from color for a sharp pallette of black and white.  The stark contrast is sophisticated and timeless.
Done in a summer top & shorts is a lovely and cool way of styling.

Note: I keep the look modern with gold jewelry. I also think adding a belt would be a nice finishing touch!


I've shared that I'm not my most confident in shorts but I'm working on it! Finding designs that flatter have made a big difference.

These linen blend shorts with a high rise, small single pleat and cuffed hem give a dressy silhouette while also being super comfortable. The rise enhances the waist line, length isn't too short or long and the fabric is light but with structure to hold shape.
With all these elements, I decided to own these in black, tan and pink!


As for this top - I'd own it in several colors if it were available! The neckline is so pretty and enhances the shoulders. While it does expose the upper body it has full coverage of the chest. 

Note: this top is worth wearing a strapless bra for!



This outfit is great for day time with a sandal 
but also chic for evening with a wedge or platform heel and dressy handbag! 

Dress Beautifully in Black & White

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: