Jun 5, 2023

Summer List

As a kid my Mamma would sit us down and we would make a Summer list of things we wanted to do/accomplish over the break. There was always books to read, art to make, projects to complete, places to go and even a trip or two to take. She made her own too and still asks me each year what's on my list!

As a grown up, I've continued this tradition each Summer and find it just as fun.
PS I even did this with my Sunday School students - they really enjoyed it!

Here's what's on my list ...

SPLASH


Whether it's at the pool, in the ocean or right on the back patio running through the sprinkler like we did on Friday I want to splash with my darling as much as possible!
There's so much magic in her giggles as the water tickles her each time that I want to cherish. It's also super fun for me too! 

FIND BIG TREASURES


I value collecting treasures from the earth. Growing up our souvenirs from vacations was unique rocks, feathers or leaves we had found. In addition to seashells, this Summer I want to go on a fossil hunt down in SC in hopes of finding megalodon shark teeth! I've got quite the collection of teeth I've found on local beaches but none as great in magnitude. 

DECORATE


This one is the biggest undertaking! I already have the designs solidified for our powder room, my office space, all new lighting throughout our home, our guest room and some big girl modifications to Vivian's room. I take my time decorating as I want to be very intentional and confident in my choices. These spaces  are going to be infused with color in new paint & wallpaper, furniture and personal touches so that they better reflect us and spark more joy when we're in them.

READ


I'm constantly craving less screen time for myself. I find it's rarely edifying and a big distraction. My goal is to have my phone down and eyes up on what's around me and/or in a book. Reading is such an exciting escape that I prefer to do outside amongst the sunshine & birdsongs. I'm hoping to finish at least 2 books a month and even complete a short bible study alongside a dear friend.

BEACH


Having my toes in the sand as much as possible is a priority. I have a trip planned with just Ryan this week, with my gal pals, with just Vivian and we will finish the summer with a week of us 3 at the sea.


Amongst these goals I also want to enjoy slow time together with my family, some shindigs with hotdogs & hamburgers (hopefully some fireworks) and cheers on some girls nights out with my friends. 


Most importantly I want to strive to do all of these things with gratitude and a cheerful spirit! 

Dress Beautifully Having Summer Fun

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: